I am a new wife experiencing the many wonders and tribulations of marriage. In my quest to savor every moment, no matter how small and seemingly unimportant, I started this blog. My husband is the inspiration and it is here where I will chronicle our life together, depicting the hysterical, loving and eye-rolling events along the way.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Three Shorts Part I

Over the course of our relationship, the husband and I have had some pretty entertaining experiences together. The next few posts will be dedicated to these short and unrelated stories.

Before the husband and I got married, we both lived at home and had never really lived on our own. (college dorms don't count) Prior to getting engaged, the husband bought a home, which quickly became our home once he proposed. He joked that I wasn't allowed to have a key to his house, but despite his sarcasm I did receive a key. Since the home he bought was brand new, he had to wait a few months to move in and when he did the neighborhood was not all built-up yet. Which could be a little scary. And since I still lived at home and we were only engaged, I did not stay over until after we were married. I would come, spend time and hang out until anywhere between 12 and 1 and then leave. This being said:

One night, just an ordinary night, it was time for me to go home so I gathered my things and the husband walked me to the door and we said goodnight. I walked to my car and realized that I forgot my phone inside. It had been a few minutes since I had already put all my things in my car and drove around the block before noticing that my phone was MIA. So I do what anyone in my situtation would do: I turned around and headed back to the house to retrieve it.

I didn't see the point in knocking since I had a key. I slowly slipped the key into the hole and turned the lock ever so slightly - so as to not make a sound.  I wouldn't want to wake the hard working husband after a long day of making me the happiest of women on Earth! (the husband's idea) The door began to creak open when without a warning I heard a boom.  What was that sound? I thought to myself wondering what could have just happened on the second floor of the house. Then the boom immediately transformed into a stampede of pounding steps. I quickly followed the steps pound across the master bedroom, down the hall and to the staircase. As I peered upward, I hollared with a whisper to my husband that "It's just me" fearing an all out assualt he was about to unleash like what Kate did to Jon for the first 3 seasons. If that didn't slap the biggest smirk across my face, the sight of him standing at the stairs ready to engage in brutal hand-to-hand combat would have brought anyone to tears. There he stood in nothing more than his loincloth (boxer shorts) with his mighy club hoisted above his head (cable remote control) ready to be hurled at the sad fool that chose to break into the husband's mighty fortress. Instead of an intruder, he saw me, bursting at the seams with laughter. To think he was really going to fend off intruders with a remote control by what? bopping them on the head!? It hadn't quite registered with the husband that it was only me, his little 'ole fiance and not some big bad bandit and he was not happy. He just couldn't seem to find the humor in it. I however, found the entire situation hysterical. I was laughing all the way home. And in the morning when I awoke this was the first thing I told my parents. Who also found it hilarious. This has become a favorite story of my parents. They still bring it up and everyone has a nice chuckle at my mighty husband's expense.

My Mighty Warrior

0 comments:

Post a Comment