I am a new wife experiencing the many wonders and tribulations of marriage. In my quest to savor every moment, no matter how small and seemingly unimportant, I started this blog. My husband is the inspiration and it is here where I will chronicle our life together, depicting the hysterical, loving and eye-rolling events along the way.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oh Happy Days

The husband and I are celebrating our 1 year wedding anniversary today. One year ago we said "I do" and the past year has been amazing. Different than I expected, harder than I expected but amazing nonetheless. My mom told me that now the honeymoon is over, to which I responded "What honeymoon?" I love my husband and I can't wait for another year to be under our marriage, but I am so excited for our anniversary present!

A few months ago (Yes, the husband is most certainly a planner. Anything that involves travel especially is sure to be completely planned a few months in advance.) the husband played a nice trick on me. We were both downstairs in the kitchen, taking turns preparing dinner. I finished my portion of whatever I had been working on so I sat down to search the internet for something interesting to look at. After a few minutes, the husband asks if we could switch for a few minutes so he can look up something for work. I don't mind, I love it when we are both in the kitchen working together.

As dinner is finishing up I walk back to my computer to continue whatever it was I was doing to find a picture of the New York skyline on the screen. I was very confused at this point. And I'm one of those people that shows every emotion across their face all the time. My father refers to me as 'poker face' because I cannot concel my thoughts in the least. With questioning eyes and furrowed eye brows I ask the husband how he could possibly need that picture for work. To which he replies:

Well, we never went on a honeymoon and I know you have always wanted to go to New York so I thought we would go for our 1 year anniversary. I tried planning it but couldn't do it without talking to you first.

My husband is thoughtful like this all the time. I came home on Friday to a bouquet of gerbera daisies and field daisies (they were the flowers in our wedding) and the song 1234 by the plain white t's playing (my bridesmaids walked down the aisle to this song). He was hiding around the corner in the dining room so I didn't see that he was recording me. He also took me out to the Melting Pot last night for our anniversary dinner and is making me blueberry pancakes with homemade blueberry syrup on top this morning for breakfast. As he told me, this is our "anniversary weekend" in which I get to celebrate the happiest day of my life (I knew he couldn't be completely serious).

These moments where he and I get to reconnect and just be together are the happiest moments in my life. I am so blessed to have married such a wonderful man and am excited to see how our life together plays out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment