I am a new wife experiencing the many wonders and tribulations of marriage. In my quest to savor every moment, no matter how small and seemingly unimportant, I started this blog. My husband is the inspiration and it is here where I will chronicle our life together, depicting the hysterical, loving and eye-rolling events along the way.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Romance is

Valentines Day. So much hype. Really, so much pressure from women that they put on their men. The husband does not believe in celebrating Hallmark holidays and I don't care one way or the other. It truly does not bother me that we had a normal day on Sunday, spent walking the mall and eating a nice lunch with my parents.

I had to field too many questions and encountered countless awkward situations concerning the subject of Valentines Day. And everyone's questions and comments are all the same:

Them: What are you and your husband doing for Valentines Day?
Me: Nothing.
Them: Nothing? *serious looks of concern would be all over their faces at this point* Why not?
Me: It's not really a big deal to me. *shrugging my shoulders* We don't believe in Valentine's Day.

I know people at this point are thinking that my husband is either: cheap, unromantic, insensitive or all three. I mean, how dare he neglect to buy me expensive jewelry and overpriced chocolates right?

No.

Let's face it, women are bitchy and whiny and demanding. And who puts up with that everyday? Our husbands. It's amazing I'm even married when I think back to how I act one week out of every month.

My husband does so much for me everyday. This morning I was running late, so the husband made my lunch. He was the one that made sure our taxes were put together and taken care of. He is the one that designs and thinks about dinner for the week. He is the one that scrubs our toilets and shower because he knows how much I hate sticking my hand in those disgusting crevices. He is the one that has the full time job and pays all our bills every month.

And do I even think to thank him for these things? These seemingly simplistic tasks are the ones that my man does to let me know he cares.

So this is to you my love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment