I am a new wife experiencing the many wonders and tribulations of marriage. In my quest to savor every moment, no matter how small and seemingly unimportant, I started this blog. My husband is the inspiration and it is here where I will chronicle our life together, depicting the hysterical, loving and eye-rolling events along the way.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Holes

The husband walked downstairs this morning and informed me that he had experienced a minor setback in his wardrobe selection.

Husband: I went to put on my khaki pants this morning, you know the ones I wear almost all the time, and there was a hole!

Me: (completely distracted and a little, ok a lot, disinterested) Oh. That sucks.

Husband: Yea, but its not just a little hole. It's a big hole. And right next to the big hole, the fabric is wearing thin and starting to form a second hole.

Me: Oh. Well where is it?

Husband: It's in the crotch area. Which is weird because it's not like my pants are tight. They are loose. And all I do is walk back and forth in the classroom, I'm not climbing or jumping around. So for it to wear like that is weird.

Me: Huh... Well nobody probably even noticed. Since it's in between your legs they would only be able to see it if you are sitting down right in front of them.

Husband: So what I hear you saying is, oh that sucks, you're a retard with a hole in your pants.

Me: Yea, basically.

And we both went on with getting ready for the day. He asked me a few times throughout the day if I had looked at the holes in his pants. What did he think? I got ready in the morning, had no time to spare until we left together and rode to work. When did I have time to inspect his holey pants? Exasperated, I finally took a peak.  I immediately burst into laughter.





I couldn't believe that he had worn a hole that large into the crotch of his pants and he didn't even notice.

Now, you may be thinking that he told me the hole was big. Yes he did. But he often exxagerates. He tells me very frequently that women around the world wept when we married because he was no longer single. So forgive me if I did not take him seriously when he told me the hole was huge. But alas it was and I am flabbergasted as to how he accomplished this. Looks like I will be out looking for a replacement khaki pair of work pants this weekend.

2 comments:

Life of a Doctor's Wife said...

My husband and I both get holes in our pants at that exact spot.

What is the deal? Is this some giant pants manufacturing conspiracy?

anadrol said...

He must love you very much that he trusted you there was no big deal going out in those pants!

Post a Comment