I am a new wife experiencing the many wonders and tribulations of marriage. In my quest to savor every moment, no matter how small and seemingly unimportant, I started this blog. My husband is the inspiration and it is here where I will chronicle our life together, depicting the hysterical, loving and eye-rolling events along the way.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I don't know what this world has come to.

It's raining. Really hard. I don't know if you know but I hate the rain. This is why I choose to live in southern California. Sunshine and temperate climate of about 70 degrees 99% of the time.

It's actually raining so hard that there are tornado warnings. What the hell. Tornado warnings. And only in Orange County, how lovely. Not only do I live in California because there is hardly any rain, but also because we don't have things like tornadoes.

The actual tornado that is threatening my life at this very moment.


I feel like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz and at any moment my house will be swept off into a different dimension. And I don't like the thought of that. Mostly because I'm quite comfortable with my life how it is and throwing me into a different world where there are talking robots and lions and flying monkeys doesn't sound so great.

Possibly the worst thing about California and the rain is that people in California don't know how to deal with the rain. At the slightest sprinkling of water falling from the sky every news station announces a storm watch. Also, people in southern California don't know how to drive in the rain. They either drive like nothing has changed (which means at least 15 mph over the speed limit) or they drive about 5 mph. Does anybody else see a problem with this?

Rain is also very wet. And this presents a problem when I don't want to get wet. I like to stay dry unless a) I am in the shower or bath or b) if I am swimming in a swimming pool. Stepping outside after I've already had my shower, put on clean clothes and done my hair only to be soaked and left looking like a drowned rat does not please me.

Basically I want more sunshine and less rain so I can go outside without fear of horrible California drivers and my hair turning into limp, wavy wet hair.

0 comments:

Post a Comment